Monday 15 July 2013

Oswaldtwistle: Cllr Colette McCormack raising awareness for older people

Immanuel ward Councillor, Colette McCormack, has been at various events over the past few weeks to promote the issues faced by older people.

Cllr McCormack said, "I have attended the National Pensioners Conference in Blackpool on the 19th and 20th June where a young man named Josh from the NUS gave a speech and vowed to get them all on board with the pensioners campaign. I attended the Older Peoples Executive Committee on 27th June as I am a member and I am in Cheshire and Chester Council for the Older Peoples Champion meeting in July.
I will be bringing all the information and best practice back to Hyndburn to share and raise awareness.
One of the things I would like to push in Hyndburn is the Dignity Charter and this will go hand in hand with the Dignity Code for Older People that we have adopted in Hyndburn. This was brought up at NPC and most councils will be trying to push this."

No comments:

Post a Comment

terror

terror