Monday 28 April 2014

Rishton: Election 2014 Candidates

The candidates for the forthcoming local election in Rishton have now been officially announced, with four prospective names in the running to be one of the three local Councillors.

Ken Moss announced that he would be standing for a second term last August and has been campaigning to retain his seat until at least 2018. He has the support of the other two Rishton Councillors, Harry Grayson and Clare Cleary, County Councillor Miles Parkinson and the Hyndburn MP Graham Jones.

Ken said, "It has been a good first term as an officially elected representative of Rishton and very rewarding to be able to make lots of small changes that can be seen on a day-to-day basis. However, my work is far from done and I would like to continue on HBC."

He added, "There are a lot of promises being made by my opponents on the doorstep, many of which I believe to be completely unrealistic, such as dropping council tax by 5%. That to me is unfeasible and I have no fancy election gimmicks to trick people into voting for me. All I can promise is to continue doing what I always have done, helping residents and trying to improve life here in Rishton as much as possible."

Local and European elections take place in England on 22nd May 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

terror

terror