Tuesday 1 July 2014

Rishton: Colin Cooper presented with Ruby Award

Rishton resident Colin Cooper has been presented with the Hyndburn Ruby Award for outstanding service to the community. The award was created to mark 40 years of Hyndburn Borough Council and is being given to one resident in each township who Councillors feel have given the most to their respective areas.

The Rishton Councillors nominated Colin for his work in the borough which now spans six decades since he moved from the West Country in 1966.

The award was presented by Mayor Munsif Dad at the full Council meeting on 26th June 2014 and Cllrs Harry Grayson, Ken Moss and Miles Parkinson all paid tribute to Colin's work in Rishton over the past six decades.
Colin said, "This is my third award after the Rishton Award in 2000 and the Parker Street clock in 2010 so I must be doing something right!"

He added, "Inevitably, my commitments have kept me away from home for many hours so I would like to thank my family, especially my wife Jennifer, for their support. To the Councillors, thank you for honouring me with this Ruby Award."

No comments:

Post a Comment

terror

terror