Monday 11 April 2016

HBC: Little stray Pip is now safe in a rescue centre

A little stray black mongrel dog, named Pip, who has been running around the Accrington area is now in a local rescue centre.

Pip was rescued recently after reports of the dog running in and out of traffic in the Spring Hill area of Accrington.

Pip's rescuer, dog warden Jane Grady, said: “After reports from neighbours about a stray dog running around I visited the area and saw a little black mongrel running in and out of traffic on the roads and avoiding any contact with people. The dog seemed to respond to the name Pip when I called her and I had a few attempts at catching her, but she was very nervous and ran away each time. After a few trips though, she would run up to the van and eat out of my hand, but she was still very wary.”

She added; “On my last visit I spotted Pip looking sorry for herself and when I called her she limped over to me holding her paw up. I took her to the vets who removed lots of fleas and ticks from her and bandaged her paw up and she is now in a rescue centre where she will be rehabilitated and then rehomed. Many people from the area who have helped Pip have been in touch to see what’s happened to her, so we just want to let everyone know she’s safe and well and say and big thank you to everyone who has helped and fed her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

terror

terror