Sunday 17 August 2014

HBC: Cabinet member steps down

Cllr Joan Smith, Cabinet member for Finance, will step down from the role on 1st September due to ill health. Joan has been a Cabinet member and Treasurer for the Labour group since the party took control of HBC in 2011. She is also stepping down as Deputy Leader of the Council.

Cllr Smith said, "I love being part of the Labour party and have enjoyed every aspect of my work in the Cabinet but my health is not what it was and the job is becoming harder for me. It has also been a difficult year for me personally as we have lost several close relatives and it has made me want to spend much more time with my husband and family.  I will continue as Councillor for Church but it is time for someone else to take up the Cabinet reins."

Cllr Miles Parkinson, Leader of HBC, said, "Joan has been absolutely invaluable to the group and has been helping the local Labour party for over two decades but she has not been well recently and has informed me that after many years of service she wishes to spend more time with her family. Both myself and the other members of the group will be sad to lose her from the Cabinet but I am delighted that she still wants to continue in her role as ward Councillor."

No comments:

Post a Comment

terror

terror