Friday 3 April 2015

Barnfield 2015: June Harrison

Barnfield Labour Councillor June Harrison is standing for re-election this May after a successful first term in office and has been out canvassing for the past six months.

June said, "I have worked hard to secure extra regeneration on Nuttall Street in the Woodnook area, sat on the Planning, Regeneration and Housing, and Communities and Wellbeing Scrutiny Committees, plus attended many residents meetings. I have spent Area Council money between each area including the Sandy Lane Christmas tree lights, Oak Hill Park on the two bowling greens and the Alice in Wonderland project, plus reinstated a footpath from Royds Street to the allotments in Woodnook. I have also applied for other small community grants and tried to spend it equally in the different areas of the community."

She added, "I would like to thank all the residents that voted for me four years ago, time has really flown by. I have tried my best to fulfil my role as ward Councillor and I hope I have helped the people who have asked for my help. I am asking for your support again in May and would like to thank you all for your good wishes. I am always out and about so if you see me please say hello and have a chat."

Polling day is on 7th May 2015 from 7.00am until 10.00pm for both local and national elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

terror

terror