Thursday 9 April 2015

HBC: Leader pays tribute to outgoing Councillors

At the Council meeting on 26th March 2015, Council Leader Miles Parkinson has paid tribute to four Councillors who are standing down in May. Labour Church Councillor and former Mayor of Hyndburn, John Broadley, was not present at the meeting and Miles will be visiting him at home shortly to give a vote of thanks on behalf of HBC.

Independent Huncoat Councillor Dave Parkins is also stepping down and Miles said, "Dave has served on the Council for 21 years and is well respected in Huncoat. He has seen some big changes to HBC during that time and I'm sure that, like myself, he would never have thought he would still be sitting here after all these years."

An emotional Cllr Parkins replied, "It has been a pleasure and a privilege to serve the people of Huncoat. I'm sad to do this but when you need to go, you go. I like to think I am leaving it in better shape than I found it and a lot of that is down to help from community groups, the police and former Councillors. I will mis it but thank you for all your help over the years."

The Council Leader also said a few words to thank Oswaldtwistle Councillor Brian Roberts and Clayton-le-Moors Councillor Nick Collingridge for all their work over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

terror

terror